Branding European Cities and Regions
Edited by Gregory Ashworth and Mihalis Kavaratzis
Many facets of place branding, such as identities, image, promotion or sense of place, have been around for a long time. However, the need to analyse their nature in the context of branding and to examine their relationships in detail has grown rapidly in the last decade or so, as places all over the world have put branding activities higher than ever in their agenda. This important new book examines and clarifies key aspects of the recently popularised concept of place branding, expounding many controversies, confusions and discords in the field.
Show Summary Details
- Towards Effective Place Brand Management Branding European Cities and Regions
- Chapter 1: Place Branding: Where Do We Stand?
- Chapter 2: Place Branding Theory: A Cross-domain Literature Review from a Marketing Perspective
- Chapter 3: Is Corporate Branding Relevant to Places?
- Chapter 4: Place Marketing, Local Identity and Branding Cultural Images in Southern Europe: Nea Ionia, Greece and Pafos, Cyprus
- Chapter 5: Branding Madrid: From ‘Madrid Global’ to ‘Global Madrid’
- Chapter 6: Managing Otherness: The Political Economy of Place Images in the Case of Tuscany
- Chapter 7: Place-making or Place Branding? Case Studies of Catalonia and Wales
- Chapter 8: Branding Aalborg: Building Community or Selling Place?
- Chapter 9: Mind the Gap: Reputation, Identity and Regeneration in Post-Industrial Cities
- Chapter 10: The ‘Be Berlin’ Campaign: Old Wine in New Bottles or Innovative Form of Participatory Place Branding?
- Chapter 11: Place Satisfaction of City Residents: Findings and Implications for City Branding
- Chapter 12: Semiotics and Place Branding: The Influence of the Built and Natural Environment in City Logos
- Chapter 13: Personality Association as an Instrument of Place Branding: Possibilities and Pitfalls
- Chapter 14: Conclusion: In Search of Effective Place Brand Management
This content is available to you
If the inline PDF is not rendering correctly, you can download the PDF file here.