Challenges for Workers and Unions
Edited by Carole Thornley, Steve Jefferys and Beatrice Appay
This important and cross-disciplinary book explores globalization alongside precarious forms of production and employment, and how these factors have impacted on workers and trade unions.
Show Summary Details
- Globalization and Precarious Forms of Production and Employment Challenges for Workers and Unions
- Chapter 1: Introduction: Globalization and Precarious Forms of Production and Employment: Challenges for Workers and Unions
- Chapter 2: In the Age of Wal-Mart: Precarious Work and Authoritarian Management in the Global Supply Chain
- Chapter 3: ‘Precarization’ and Flexibility in the Labour Process: A Question of Legitimacy and a Major Challenge for Democracy
- Chapter 4: Legitimating Precarious Employment: Aspects of the Post-Fordism and Lean Production Debates
- Chapter 5: Global Restructuring of Transnational Companies: Negotiations in the Auto Industry
- Chapter 6: Trade Unions Facing Uncertainty in Central and Eastern Europe
- Chapter 7: Seasonal Workers in Mediterranean Agriculture: Flexibility and Insecurity in a Sector Under Pressure
- Chapter 8: The Rise in Precarious Employment and Union Responses in Australia
- Chapter 9: Hyper-flexibility in the IT Sector: Myth or Reality?
- Chapter 10: The Increasing Use of ‘Market’ Concepts in Negotiations, and Contextualizing Factors
- Chapter 11: Trade Union Responses to Privatization and Restructuring of Production in Argentina in the 1990s: Similarities and Differences in Two State-owned Companies
- Chapter 12: Organizing and Mobilizing Precarious Workers in France: The Case of Cleaners in the Railways
- Chapter 13: Growing Power Asymmetries, Individualization and the Continuing Relevance of Collective Responses
- Chapter 14: Changing Lanes or Stuck in the Slow Lane? Employment Precariousness and Labour Market Status of MG Rover Workers Four Years After Closure
- Chapter 15: ‘Politics of Production’, A New Challenge for Unionism: Workers Facing Citizens in the French Civil Nuclear Energy
This content is available to you
Chapter 1: Introduction: Globalization and Precarious Forms of Production and Employment: Challenges for Workers and Unions
If the inline PDF is not rendering correctly, you can download the PDF file here.