Edited by Jennifer I. Considine
Starting with the fundamentals of the global energy industry, Handbook of Energy Politics goes on to cover the evolution of capital and financial markets in the energy industry, the effects of technology, environmental issues and global warming and geopolitics. The book concludes by considering the future, including the lessons learned from history, where we are most likely to be heading and what steps we can take to mitigate potential energy risks. This Handbook will be an invaluable resource for upper level graduates and postgraduate scholars.
Show Summary Details
- Handbook of Energy Politics
- Chapter 1: Environmental and Indigenous issues associated with natural gas development in British Columbia
- Chapter 2: Oil on the waters of RIC energy relations
- Chapter 3: Energy transition and natural gas development in China
- Chapter 4: Institutions and the supply of oil
- Chapter 5: Low oil prices impact on Latin American non-conventionals
- Chapter 6: The role of Sino-Russian gas cooperation in China’s natural gas expansion
- Chapter 7: Republic of Korea’s energy security conundrum: the problems of energy mix and energy diplomacy deadlock
- Chapter 8: China’s evolving energy policy: the case of electricity
- Chapter 9: Natural resource-led development in Sub-Saharan Africa: a role for local content and small, medium enterprises
- Chapter 10: Will there ever be a post-oil era?
- Chapter 11: The Oil Age
- Chapter 12: New energy and the geopolitics of the future
- Chapter 13: The economic case for staged development and providing appropriate incentives for good behaviour in the context of ‘resource curse’
- Chapter 14: Deepening green finance
- Chapter 15: Middle East and Asia: the oil trade and pricing nexus
- Chapter 16: The economics of the smart grid technological innovation
- Chapter 17: Policy risk, politics and low carbon energy
- Chapter 18: Governing the geopolitics of climate action after the Paris Agreement
This content is available to you
If the inline PDF is not rendering correctly, you can download the PDF file here.