Edited by Thorsten Beck and Ross Levine
This Handbook provides a comprehensive overview of the relationship between financial and real sector development. The different chapters, written by leading contributors in the field, survey research on the importance of financial development for economic growth, the causes and consequences of financial fragility, the historic development of financial systems in several major economies and regions of the world, and the regulatory and supervisory underpinnings of financial sector development.
Show Summary Details
- Handbook of Finance and Development
- Chapter 1: Financial development and innovation-led growth
- Chapter 2: Financial structure, economic growth and development
- Chapter 3: Evidence on finance and economic growth
- Chapter 4: Two centuries of finance and growth in the United States, 1790–1980
- Chapter 5: The financial system in Germany, 1800–1914
- Chapter 6: Finance and growth in the United Kingdom
- Chapter 7: East Asian financial and economic development
- Chapter 8: Sovereign commitment and financial underdevelopment in nineteenth-century Brazil
- Chapter 9: Finance and the real economy: Evidence from the US
- Chapter 10: Financial development, growth, and crisis: Is there a trade-off?
- Chapter 11: The management and prevention of banking crises: Lessons from recent experience
- Chapter 12: Financial globalization: A glass half empty?
- Chapter 13: Technological change, financial innovation, and economic development
- Chapter 14: Regulation and supervision in financial development
- Chapter 15: Bank ownership and economic development
- Chapter 16: What drives financial sector development? Policies, politics and history
- Chapter 17: Endogenous political institutions and financial development
- Chapter 18: Financing SMEs and economic development
- Chapter 19: Household finance and economic development
- Chapter 20: Microfinance and economic development
This content is available to you
Chapter 1: Financial development and innovation-led growth
If the inline PDF is not rendering correctly, you can download the PDF file here.