Encyclopedia of Private International Law
Winner of the ASIL 2018 Certificate of Merit for high technical craftsmanship and utility to practicing lawyers and scholars.
The Encyclopedia of Private International Law quite simply represents the definitive online reference work in the field.
Bringing together 181 authors from 57 countries the Encyclopedia sheds light on the current state of Private International Law around the globe, providing unique insights into the discipline and how it is affected by globalization and increased regional integration.
The role and character of Private International Law has changed tremendously over the past decades. With the steady increase of global and regional inter-connectedness the practical significance of the discipline has grown. And so has the number of legislative activities on the national, international and, most importantly, the European level.
- 247 substantive entries
- 80 national reports
- Entries organised alphabetically for ease of navigation
- Fully cross-referenced
- Entries written by the world’s foremost scholars of Private International Law
- National codifications in English collected together into a single volume for quick reference
- World class team of editors
- Integrated electronic edition.
- Sophisticated search and cross-linking
- Navigation tools to aid use as an integrated resource
- Direct linking to external references
- Free-flowing XML text optimised for on-screen use
- Hosted exclusively on our content platform, Elgaronline.com
- Users can share, download and print chapter PDFs without DRM restriction
- Technology designed to aid library integration
The Encyclopedia consists of four volumes. The first two volumes describe topical aspects of Private International Law in the form of 247 alphabetically sorted entries. The third volume describes the Private International Law regimes of 80 countries in the form of national reports. The fourth volume comprises a collection of national codifications and provisions of Private International Law in English translation.