The Board welcomes long articles, short articles, case notes and book reviews that engage with current themes in international law and EU law. All submissions are subject to double-blind peer review by our Editorial Board. In addition, all long articles are sent to our Academic Review Board, which consists of distinguished international law scholars and practitioners.
To submit an article to CILJ please visit www.cilj.co.uk/submissions
The Journal accepts the following types of manuscript:
- Long Articles between 6,000 and 10,000 words but not exceeding 12,000 words including footnotes;
- Short Articles not exceeding 6,000 words including footnotes;
- Case Notes, including substantive analysis, not exceeding 3000 words including footnotes; and
- Book Reviews not exceeding 2500 words including footnotes.
Please list the word count of the text and the footnotes on your manuscript.
All copies must be submitted in Word (.doc) or (.docx) format and must conform to our style guidelines, which are available at the following links:
- OSCOLA Fourth edition:
- OSCOLA: Citing International Law Sources:
Please ensure that your manuscript does not contain any reference to your personal or professional identity.
The final version of your article should be accompanied by a completed copy of the Author Information Form: CILJ Author Information Form
Terms of publication
If your article is accepted for publication, you will be asked to sign our standard Contributor Agreement: CILJ Contributor Agreement
Further information is available at www.cilj.co.uk