The Selected Essays of John H. Dunning, Volume I
This volume contains a selection of John Dunning’s best known and highly acclaimed writings on the theory of international business activity. Spanning more than three decades, the 16 contributions trace the evolution of his thoughts and ideas as an economist, from his first article on the determinants of international production, published in 1973, to his most recent essay on relational assets, networks and global business activity, completed in 2002.
Show Summary Details
- Theories and Paradigms of International Business Activity
- Chapter 1: The Determinants of International Production
- Chapter 2: Trade, Location of Economic Activity and the Multinational Enterprise: A Search for an Eclectic Approach
- Chapter 3: Trade, Location of Economic Activity and the Multinational Enterprise: Some Empirical Tests
- Chapter 4: Explaining the International Direct Investment Position of Countries: Towards a Dynamic or Developmental Approach
- Chapter 5: The Investment Development Path Revisited
- Chapter 6: The Changing Dynamics of International Production: An Economic and Strategic Approach
- Chapter 7: The Eclectic Paradigm of International Production: A Restatement and Some Possible Extensions
- Chapter 8: Some Historical Antecedents to the Eclectic Paradigm
- Chapter 9: Towards an Interdisciplinary Explanation of International Production
- Chapter 10: Reappraising the Eclectic Paradigm in an Age of Alliance Capitalism
- Chapter 11: What’s Wrong – and Right – with Trade Theory?
- Chapter 12: Towards a General Paradigm of Foreign Direct and Foreign Portfolio Investment
- Chapter 13: Globalization and the Theory of MNE Activity
- Chapter 14: The Eclectic Paradigm as an Envelope for Economic and Business Theories of MNE Activity
- Chapter 15: The Challenge of Electronic Markets for International Business Theory
- Chapter 16: Relational Assets, Networks and International Business Activity
- Subject index
- Name index
This content is available to you
If the inline PDF is not rendering correctly, you can download the PDF file here.