Edited by Meine Pieter van Dijk and Henry Sandee
Innovation is crucial for small enterprises to become and remain competitive in the global economy. In this book, the authors have combined theoretical insights with comprehensive case studies on innovation among small-scale enterprises in developing countries, paying particular attention to technological change in clusters of small firms.
Show Summary Details
- Innovation and Small Enterprises in the Third World
- Front Matter
- Chapter 1: Innovation and Small Enterprise Development in Developing Countries
- Chapter 2: Small Enterprise Development in Developing Countries: Innovation or Acquisition of Technological Capability?
- Chapter 3: Cluster Trajectories and the Likelihood of Endogenous Upgrading
- Chapter 4: Trying to Innovate Far From International Frontiers: Case Study from the Small-scale Briquetting Industry in India
- Chapter 5: Competitive Response, Innovation and Creating an Innovative Milieu in the Manufacturing Industry in Bulawayo, Zimbabwe
- Chapter 6: Innovation and Small Enterprise Development Examples from Burkina Faso, Ghana and Zimbabwe
- Chapter 7: Innovation and Competitiveness within the Small Furniture Industry in Nicaragua
- Chapter 8: Why Do(n’t) They Innovate? Explaining Diverse SME Adjustment Strategies After an External Shock
- Chapter 9: The Impact of the Crisis on Small-scale Enterprises in Java, Findings from Selected Case Studies
- Chapter 10: Enhancing Innovation Capabilities in SME Clusters: Evidence from a Service Centre in Spain
- Chapter 11: Linkages Between Small and Large Firms in the Kenyan Food Processing Sector
- Chapter 12: The Role of a Research and Development Institute in the Development and Diffusion of Technology
- Chapter 13: Social Capital and Technological Innovation Processes in the South
- Chapter 14: Enterprise Co-operation, Technology Partnerships and S & T Policies for the Promotion of Innovation for SMEs
- Chapter 15: Innovation and Small Enterprise Development in Developing Countries: Some Conclusions
This content is available to you
If the inline PDF is not rendering correctly, you can download the PDF file here.