Sources of Long Term Growth
Edited by Gur Ofer and Richard Pomfret
This book brings together ten original studies on the transition and growth experience and the foundations for long-term growth of the newly independent states created by the dissolution of the Soviet Union.
Show Summary Details
- The Economic Prospects of the CIS Sources of Long Term Growth
- Preface and acknowledgments
- Chapter 1: Introduction
- Chapter 2: Down and up the stairs: paradoxes of Russian economic growth
- Chapter 3: Transition and growth in Belarus
- Chapter 4: Ukraine: the lost decade . . . and the coming boom?
- Chapter 5: Barriers to growth in Moldova
- Chapter 6: Explaining growth in Armenia: the pivotal role of human capital
- Chapter 7: Turkmenistan: economic autocracy and recent growth performance
- Chapter 8: The Uzbek paradox: progress without neo-liberal reform
- Chapter 9: TajikistanÂês growth performance: the first decade of transition
- Chapter 10: Economic growth in Kyrgyzstan
- Chapter 11: Natural resources and economic growth in Kazakhstan
- Chapter 12: Conclusions
This content is available to you
If the inline PDF is not rendering correctly, you can download the PDF file here.