Edited by Christopher M. Dent and Jörn Dosch
The expert contributors shed critical light on how significant developments are impacting on the global system. In particular, they consider emerging forms of global governance, and how the Asia-Pacific as a region, individual countries such as China, Japan, South Korea and the US, and regional organisations and forums like APEC are shaping the world. Uniquely, the discussion is not limited to East Asia but also takes Latin America prominently into the equation.
Show Summary Details
- The Asia-Pacific, Regionalism and the Global System
- Figures and tables
- Chapter 1: The Asia-Pacific, Regionalism and the Global System: An Introduction
- Chapter 2: Is Japanese Foreign Direct Investment Fostering Production Networks in Mexico?
- Chapter 3: Managing the Great Recession in South Korea and Mexico: Economic Institutions, Domestic Market and Regional Trade
- Chapter 4: On Globalisation and Region-building: The Case of North America
- Chapter 5: The Numbers Game in Asia-Pacific Cooperation
- Chapter 6: The Principle of ‘Subsidiarity’ and Asian Unification
- Chapter 7: Asia Shaping the Group of 20 or the Group of 20 Shaping Asia?
- Chapter 8: From G8 to G20: A Shift of the Dynamics of Global Economic Governance?
- Chapter 9: Regional Answers to the Global Crisis? Asia-Pacific Multilateral Organisations and the Economic Downturn
- Chapter 10: Intra-regional Geopolitical Dynamics in Northeast Asia
- Chapter 11: China and the Changing Nature of Globalisation
- Chapter 12: China’s Developmental Experience: Lessons for the Asia-Pacific
- Chapter 13: China’s Move to High-tech Innovation: Some Regional Policy Implications
- Chapter 14: A Northeast Asian Model of ODA? Comparing Chinese, Japanese and Korean Official Development Assistance
- Chapter 15: The Rise of an Empire: EXPO 2010 as a Symbol of the Ambiguity of Chinese Modernisation
- Chapter 16: The Century Belongs to All of Us: East Asian Regionalism and World Society
This content is available to you
If the inline PDF is not rendering correctly, you can download the PDF file here.