Are Men Allies or Adversaries to Women’s Career Advancement?
Edited by Ronald J. Burke and Debra A. Major
Diversifying the workforce is becoming increasingly important, with gender equality being a central feature of overall equality. Men seem to be part of the problem and a necessary part of the solution. This collection ties these themes together in the context of talent management and organizational effectiveness.
Show Summary Details
- Gender in Organizations Are Men Allies or Adversaries to Women’s Career Advancement?
- Figures and tables
- Introduction - an overview of the book
- Chapter 1: Advancing women's careers: why men matter
- Chapter 2: The gender role socialization of boys to men
- Chapter 3: Taking the obvious apart: critical approaches to men, masculinities, and the gendered dynamics of leadership
- Chapter 4: The imperative for servant-leadership: reflections on the (enduring) dysfunctions of corporate masculinity
- Chapter 5: Relations, emotions and differences: re-gendering emotional labour in the context of men doing care
- Chapter 6: Men, masculinity, well-being, and health
- Chapter 7: The causes and consequences of workaholism
- Chapter 8: Gendered organizational cultures, structures and processes: the cultural exclusion of women in organizations
- Chapter 9: Is this a man's world? Obstacles to women's success in male-typed domains
- Chapter 10: Unspeakable masculinities in business schools
- Chapter 11: Male backlash: penalties for men who violate gender stereotypes
- Chapter 12: Stereotype threat impacts on women in the workforce
- Chapter 13: Barriers to women in science: examining the interplay between individual and gendered institutional research cultures on women scientists' desired futures
- Chapter 14: Individual, organizational, and societal backlash against women
- Chapter 15: How can men and women be allies in achieving work-family balance? The role of coping in facilitating positive crossover
- Chapter 16: Engaging men through inclusive leadership
- Chapter 17: Preventing violence against women and girls
This content is available to you
If the inline PDF is not rendering correctly, you can download the PDF file here.