Coalitions, Institutional Design Choices and Consequences
Edited by Dave Huitema and Sander Meijerink
Can River Basin Organisations (RBOs) actually improve water governance? RBOs are frequently layered on top of existing governmental organisations, which are often reluctant to share their power. This, in turn, can affect their performance. The Politics of River Basin Organisations addresses this issue by exploring the subject on a global level.
Show Summary Details
- The Politics of River Basin Organisations Coalitions, Institutional Design Choices and Consequences
- Chapter 1: The politics of river basin organisations: institutional design choices, coalitions and consequences
- Chapter 2: Global water governance and river basin organisations
- Chapter 3: Cooperative transboundary water governance in Canada’s Mackenzie River Basin: status and prospects
- Chapter 4: Designing an agency to manage a wicked water problem: the Oregon Watershed Enhancement Board
- Chapter 5: Partnering for success in England: the Westcountry Rivers Trust
- Chapter 6: State-founded water boards in industrialised Western Germany
- Chapter 7: Emergence, performance and transformation of Portuguese water institutions in the age of river basin organisations
- Chapter 8: The politics of establishing catchment management agencies in South Africa: the case of the Breede–Overberg Catchment Management Agency
- Chapter 9: Introducing river basin management in a transitional context: a case study about Ukraine
- Chapter 10: River basin organisations in Northern Afghanistan: the holy trinity of contemporary water management in practice
- Chapter 11: Evolving river basin management in Mongolia?
- Chapter 12: Interplay between new basin organisations, pre-existing institutions and emerging environmental networks in the Mae Kuang watershed, northern Thailand
- Chapter 13: The evolution of river basin management in the Murray–Darling Basin
- Chapter 14: Institutional design, politics and performance of river basin organisations
This content is available to you
If the inline PDF is not rendering correctly, you can download the PDF file here.