Edited by Frederick M. Abbott, Carlos M. Correa and Peter Drahos
The patent has emerged as a dominant force in 21st century economic policy. This book examines the impact of the BRICS and other emerging economies on the global patent framework and charts the phenomenal rise in the number of patents in some of these countries.
Show Summary Details
- 01 Emerging Markets and the World Patent Order
- 01 Copyright
- 01 Contents
- 01 Contributors
- 01 Acknowledgements
- Chapter 1: Emerging markets and the world patent order: The forces of change
- Chapter 2: Intellectual property activity worldwide – key trends, facts, and figures
- Chapter 3: The geo-politics of the world patent order
- Chapter 4: Rethinking the patent system from the perspective of economics
- Chapter 5: Rethinking the role of the patent office from the perspective of responsive regulation
- Chapter 6: The technology transfer debates and the role of emerging economies
- Chapter 7: Development strategies of emerging economies in the era of climate change: Do patent statistics tell us anything?
- Chapter 8: Patents and the emerging markets of Latin America – Brazil
- Chapter 9: Evolution of the patent system in China
- Chapter 10: India in the world patent order
- Chapter 11: Russian trip to the TRIPS: Patent protection, innovation promotion and public health
- Chapter 12: Harmonizing the national policies for healthcare, pharmaceutical industry and intellectual property: The South African experience
- Chapter 13: Patent law in emerging economies: South Africa
- Chapter 14: Patents and the emerging markets of Asia: ASEAN and Thailand
- Chapter 15: IP policy and regulation in the Arab world: Changes, challenges and opportunities
- Chapter 16: The impact of emerging market patent systems on Europe: Awaiting ‘The Rape of Europa’?
- Chapter 17: IP-based nation: Strategy of Japan
- Chapter 18: The United States response to emerging technological powers
- 01 Index
This content is available to you
If the inline PDF is not rendering correctly, you can download the PDF file here.