Edited by Sara Drake and Melanie Smith
The EU is faced with the perpetual challenge of guaranteeing effective enforcement of its law and policies. This book brings together leading EU legal and regulatory scholars and political scientists to explore the wealth of new legal and regulatory practices, strategies and actors that are emerging to complement the classic avenues of central and decentralized enforcement.
Show Summary Details
- New Directions in the Effective Enforcement of EU Law and Policy
- Table of cases
- Table of treaties and legislation
- Chapter 1: More effective private enforcement of EU law post-Lisbon: aligning regulatory goals and constitutional values
- Chapter 2: The visible, the invisible and the impenetrable: innovations or rebranding in centralized enforcement of EU law?
- Chapter 3: The long, but promising, road from deterrence to networked enforcement
- Chapter 4: The virtues of interdependence and informality: an analysis of the role of transnational networks in the implementation of EU directives
- Chapter 5: The SOLVIT network and the effective enforcement of EU law: what is new?
- Chapter 6: The effectiveness of transgovernmental networks: managing the practical application of European integration in the case of SOLVIT
- Chapter 7: Enforcing EU environmental policy effectively: international influences, current barriers and possible solutions
- Chapter 8: Enforcing EU consumer policy more effectively: a three-pronged approach
- Chapter 9: Effective private enforcement of EU competition law: an input and output legitimacy analysis of collective redress
- Chapter 10: A case of ‘nested enforcement’: Article 83(2) TFEU, compliance and the Area of Freedom, Security and Justice post-Lisbon
- Chapter 11: The effective enforcement of economic governance in the European Union: brave new world or a false dawn?
- Conclusions: assembling the jigsaw of effective enforcement – multiple strategies, multiple gaps?
This content is available to you
Table of treaties and legislation
If the inline PDF is not rendering correctly, you can download the PDF file here.