Legal Regulation and Public Policy
Appendix IV: Key shareholding percentage triggers in UK corporate law
• Obligation to notify public company of acquisition of shares [FCA rule]. Notification to be made within 2 trading days. Further disclosure must be made at every 1% additional acquisition. Derived from EU Transparency Directive 2004/109.
• Required level of support to challenge a decision to convert a plc into a private company [CA 2006 s. 98]
• Required level of support to compel directors to call a shareholder meeting [CA 2006 s. 303]
• Required level of support to challenge political donations by company [CA 2006 s. 370]
• Required level of support to secure circulation of a members’ statement [CA 2006 s. 314]
• Support needed to demand independent report on a poll in a quoted company [CA 2006 s. 342]
You are not authenticated to view the full text of this chapter or article.
Elgaronline requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books or journals. Please login through your library system or with your personal username and password on the homepage.
Non-subscribers can freely search the site, view abstracts/ extracts and download selected front matter and introductory chapters for personal use.
Your library may not have purchased all subject areas. If you are authenticated and think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.