Historical Foundations and Al-Shaybani’s Siyar
I am grateful to my grandparents for their immeasurable favours upon me.
I am also grateful to:
• Professor Anthony Carty who encouraged me, made valuable comments and gave great support. He was most caring and always supportive;
• Professor Khaled Abou El Fadl to whom I am grateful for writing the foreword and for his support and encouragement (University of California, Los Angeles);
• Professor Jean Allain who generously offered valuable comments on the first two chapters (Monash University);
• Associate Professor Marie-Luisa Frick who kindly wrote an endorsement for this book (University of Innsbruck);
• Associate Prof. Mohd Hisham Mohd Kamal (International Islamic University Malaysia);
• Dr Rohimi Shapiee (Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia);
• Professor Peter Duff (University of Aberdeen);
• Dr Zeray Yihdego (University of Aberdeen);
• Professor Robin Evans-Jones (University of Aberdeen);
• The Very Reverend Nicholas Coulton and Professor Nigel Biggar (Christ Church, Oxford);
• Imam Mohammad Almahdi Shari-Aldeen (Al-Azhar Mosque);
• Professor Ahmed Abou-El-wafa (Cairo University); and
• Sheikh Wahbah Alzuhalili, the great scholar (University of Damascus).
Thanks also go to all members of my family and my friends who have always been supportive and encouraging; they will always be valued and loved, and no thanks could be enough for their care, patience and support.
I am also grateful for the support, care and attention of the wonderful team at Edward Elgar.
Thank you all!