Guided by the overarching question “how and why does the emerging economy context matter for business?”, this collection brings together key contributions of Klaus Meyer on multinational enterprises (MNEs) competing in, and originating from, emerging economies. The book also explores how outward investment strategies contribute to building internationally competitive MNEs.
Show Summary Details
- Multinational Enterprises and Emerging Economies
- Chapter 1: Probing theoretically into Central and Eastern Europe: transactions, resources, and insitutions
- Chapter 2: Theoretical foundations of emerging economy business research
- Chapter 3: Foreign investment location and institutional development in transition economies
- Chapter 4: Foreign Investment Strategies and Sub-national Institutions in Emerging Markets: Evidence from Vietnam
- Chapter 5: Country-of-origin and industry FDI agglomeration of foreign investors in an emerging economy
- Chapter 6: Institutions, Transaction Costs, and Entry Mode Choice in Eastern Europe
- Chapter 7: Institutions, Resources, and Entry Strategies in Emerging Economies
- Chapter 8: Transaction cost perspectives on alliances and joint ventures: explanatory power and empirical limitations
- Chapter 9: Brownfield Acquisitions: A Reconceptualization and Extension
- Chapter 10: Market Penetration and Acquisition Strategies for Emerging Economies
- Chapter 11: Business under adverse home country institutions: The case of international sanctions against Myanmar
- Chapter 12: Home country institutions and the internationalization of state owned enterprise: A cross-country analysis
- Chapter 13: Emerging Economy MNEs: How does home country munificence matter?
- Chapter 14: Overcoming distrust: How state-owned enterprises adapt their foreign entries to institutional pressures abroad
- Chapter 15: Diplomatic and corporate networks: Bridges to foreign locations
- Chapter 16: The dynamics of emerging economy MNEs: How the internationalization process model can guide future research
- Chapter 17: What is "strategic asset seeking FDI"?
- Chapter 18: What drives firms' intent to seek strategic assets by foreign direct investment? A study of emerging economic firms
- Chapter 19: Managing talent in emerging economy multinationals: integrating strategic management and human resource management
This content is available to you
If the inline PDF is not rendering correctly, you can download the PDF file here.