A Practical Guide to Exploiting and Enforcing Rights
This must-have book is a comprehensive yet accessible guide to copyright and related rights in the music industry, illustrated with relevant cases and real world examples. Key features include: • An engaging and approachable writing style • A practical orientation for those in the industry and their advisors • The impact of social media on copyright infringement, management and remedies • Accessible explanations of key concepts in copyright and related rights, as well as commonly misunderstood topics such as sampling and fair use.
Show Summary Details
- Copyright in the Music Industry
- Content overview
- Table of contents
- Foreword I
- Foreword II
- Foreword III
- Key terms
- Copyright in the Music Industry playlist
- PART I: Music and copyright
- Chapter 1: Why copyright matters in music
- Chapter 2: What is copyright?
- Chapter 3: Copyright in a song
- Chapter 4: What copyright gives you
- Chapter 5: What copyright does not give you
- PART II: MANAGING MUSIC COPYRIGHT
- Chapter 6: Who owns the copyright?
- Chapter 7: Roles and relationships
- Chapter 8: Contracts
- Chapter 9: Licensing
- Chapter 10: Social media
- PART III: Infringement
- Chapter 11: What is copyright infringement?
- Chapter 12: Who copied my song?
- Chapter 13: Inspiration or infringement
- Chapter 14: Sampling
- Chapter 15: Counterfeit goods
- PART IV: Enforcement
- Chapter 16: Starting a copyright infringement claim
- Chapter 17: Where to make a claim
- Chapter 18: Evidence and musicology reports
- Chapter 19: Remedies
- Chapter 20: Online enforcement
- PART V: Looking to the future
- Chapter 21: Artificial intelligence and music
- Chapter 22: Blockchain in the music industry
This content is available to you
Chapter 1: Why copyright matters in music
If the inline PDF is not rendering correctly, you can download the PDF file here.