The Role of Small and Medium Sized Enterprises
Edited by Charles Harvie and Boon-Chye Lee
This third book in the series focuses on how small and medium sized enterprises (SMEs) contribute to achieving and sustaining growth and performance in their economies, as well as the ways in which governments can assist and enhance that contribution. This is of particular concern given the trauma suffered by East Asian economies in the wake of the financial and economic crisis of 1997–98.
Show Summary Details
- Sustaining Growth and Performance in East Asia The Role of Small and Medium Sized Enterprises
- Chapter 1: Introduction: The Role of Small and Medium-Sized Enterprises in Achieving and Sustaining Growth and Performance
- Chapter 2: Small, Diversified and Sustainable: Small Enterprises in a Sustainable Production System
- Chapter 3: The Contribution of Micro-enterprises to Regional Economic Recovery and Poverty Alleviation in East Asia
- Chapter 4: The New National Accounts and International Standards in the Assessment of Enterprises and Sectors of the Economy
- Chapter 5: On the Evolution of Firm Organization, SMEs and Economic Growth in the USA and Japan
- Chapter 6: The East Asian Financial Crisis in Thailand: Distress and Resilience of Local SMEs
- Chapter 7: Managing Knowledge Development in SMEs: No Longer the Poor Cousins, as Training Changes to Learning?
- Chapter 8: Ethical Values in Business: A Study of Malaysian Small and Medium-Sized Enterprises
- Chapter 9: Key Issues in Understanding the Internationalization Process of the Small Firm: An Australian Perspective
- Chapter 10: Entry Mode Decisions of Indonesian Small and Medium-Sized Manufacturers in the Export Market
- Chapter 11: Technological Sourcing in Small and Medium-Sized Australian Manufacturing Firms
- Chapter 12: SMEs and the Internet: A Comparative Study – China and the UK
- Chapter 13: Public Policy and SME Development
- Chapter 14: The Changing Role of Local Government in Promoting China’s Collective Township and Village Enterprises
- Chapter 15: Supporting SMEs through Venture Capital Policy
This content is available to you
If the inline PDF is not rendering correctly, you can download the PDF file here.