Edited by Shang-Jin Wei, Guanzhong James Wen and Huizhong Zhou
This forward-looking volume offers insights into the globalization of the Chinese economy and its accession to the WTO. The contributors provide updated accounts of recent developments in the Chinese economy and examines the implications of China’s accession for the rest of the world.
Show Summary Details
- The Globalization of the Chinese Economy
- About the Editors
- Chapter 1: A Globalizing China: An Introduction
- Chapter 2: Revamping the Industrial Policies
- Chapter 3: The Future of the Agicultural Sector
- Chapter 4: Telecommunications: Moving Towards Competition
- Chapter 5: Telecommunications: Recent Rate Adjustments
- Chapter 6: Automobile and Fuel Industries
- Chapter 7: Reconfiguration of the Labor Market
- Chapter 8: Regional Inequality
- Chapter 9: Urbanization and Population Relocation
- Chapter 10: The Impact on the US and Other Countries
- Chapter 11: The Impact on Taiwan
- Chapter 12: Foreign Investment in China: Macto Determinants
- Chapter 13: Foreign Investment in China: Firm Strategies
- Chapter 14: Explosion of Trade Disputes?
This content is available to you
If the inline PDF is not rendering correctly, you can download the PDF file here.