Edited by Lorraine Eden and Wendy Dobson
In Governance, Multinationals and Growth, leading scholars celebrate and build upon the pioneering work of Edward Safarian on multinational enterprises and foreign direct investment. The book explores the linkages among multinationals and foreign direct investment, corporate and public governance, and economic growth. The contributors pay particular attention to emerging policy issues that include the behavior of individual governments, intergovernmental organizations and civil society. In addition, they address linkages among MNEs, their governance and economic growth, and generic policy realities (and innovations) in a small-to-medium-sized economy.
Show Summary Details
- Governance, Multinationals and Growth
- List of figures
- List of tables
- List of contributors
- Foreword by Peter J. Buckley
- Conference photograph
- Chapter 1: Introduction and Overview
- Chapter 2: How to Thrive in an International Economy
- Chapter 3: Continental Integration and Foreign Ownership of Canadian Industry: A Retrospective Analysis
- Chapter 4: Who Owns Whom? Economic Nationalism and Family Controlled Pyramidal Groups in Canada
- Chapter 5: Assessing International Mergers and Acquisitions as a Mode of Foreign Direct Investment
- Chapter 6: Foreign Ownership and Total Factor Productivity
- Chapter 7: Factor Price Differences and Multinational Activity
- Chapter 8: FDI in an FTA with Uncertain Market Access
- Chapter 9: How do Regional Trade Agreements Affect Intra-Regional and Inter-Regional FDI?
- Chapter 10: Responses to Trade Liberalization: Changes in Product Diversification in Foreign- and Domestic-Controlled Plants
- Chapter 11: FDI and the International Policy Environment: Back to the Future? Not Quite!
- Chapter 12: Economic Issues Raised by NAFTA Chapter 11 Investor-to-State Dispute Settlement Cases Having Environmental Implications
- Chapter 13: Location Incentives and Inter-state Competition for FDI: Bidding Wars in the Automotive Industry
- Chapter 14: Policy Roundtable: Life as Neighbor to an Economic Giant – Issues and Options
- Chapter 15: Issues on Governance, Multinationals and Growth: Thoughts on Method, Policy and Research Suggested by the Festschrift Papers
- Author index
- Subject index
This content is available to you
If the inline PDF is not rendering correctly, you can download the PDF file here.