Selected Empirical Analyses
Edited by Phoebe Koundouri
This fascinating book outlines the fundamental principles and difficulties that characterise the challenging task of using econometrics to inform natural resource management policies, and illustrates them through a number of case studies from all over the world. The book offers a comprehensive overview of the broader picture of the state-of-the-art in econometrics as applied to environmental and natural resource management.
Show Summary Details
- Econometrics Informing Natural Resources Management Selected Empirical Analyses
- Chapter 1: Econometrics informing natural resources management: introducing the book
- Chapter 2: Sustainability informed by econometrics: the dynamics of the long-run discount rate
- Chapter 3: Water pricing reforms in Mexico: the case of the manufacturing sector
- Chapter 4: Residential water demand in the Slovak Republic
- Chapter 5: Estimating urban water demands: a dynamic approach
- Chapter 6: Households' valuation of domestic water in Indonesia: revisiting the Supply Driven Approach
- Chapter 7: Conflicts in wildlife conservation: aggregating total economic values
- Chapter 8: Contingent ranking of river water quality improvements
- Chapter 9: Environmental resource information and the validity of non-use values: the case of remote mountain lakes
- Chapter 10: The role of risk properties and farm risk aversion on crop diversity conservation
- Chapter 11: Stochastic production in a regulated fishery: the importance of risk considerations
- Chapter 12: Is irrigation water demand really convex?
- Chapter 13: Contrasting conventional with multi-level modelling approaches to meta-analysis: expectation consistency in UK woodland recreation values
- Chapter 14: Individual-specific welfare measures for public goods: a latent class approach to residential customers of Yorkshire Water
- Chapter 15: Estimation of resource management objectives through empirical likelihood: can regulatory policies and economic optimization be reconciled?
- Chapter 16: Examining the Environmental Kuznets Curve: what can Kernel estimation say?
This content is available to you
If the inline PDF is not rendering correctly, you can download the PDF file here.