Edited by Jan-Peter Voß, Dierk Bauknecht and René Kemp
This book deals with the issue of sustainable development in a novel and innovative way. It examines the governance implications of reflexive modernisation – the condition that societal development is endangered by its own side-effects. With conceptualising reflexive governance the book leads a way out of endless quarrels about the definition of sustainability and into a new mode of collective action.
Show Summary Details
- Reflexive Governance for Sustainable Development
- Chapter 1: Sustainability and Reflexive Government: Introduction
- Chapter 2: Reflexive Governance: Politics in the Global Risk Society
- Chapter 3: Reflexive Modernisation as a Governance Issue, Or: Designing and Shaping Re-structuration
- Chapter 4: A Co-Evolutionary Approach to Reflexive Governance – and its Ironies
- Chapter 5: Transition Management: A Reflexive Governance Approach
- Chapter 6: Adaptive Management to Restore Ecological and Economic Resilience in the Tisza River Basin
- Chapter 7: Sustainability Foresight: Reflexive Governance in the Transformation of Utility Systems
- Chapter 8: Foresight and Adaptive Planning as Complementary Elements in Anticipatory Policy-making: A Conceptual and Methodological Approach
- Chapter 9: Precaution, Foresight and Sustainability: Reflection and Reflexivity in the Governance of Science and Technology
- Chapter 10: The (Re)search for Solutions: Research Programmes for Sustainable Development
- Chapter 11: Integrating Perspectives in the Practice of Transdisciplinary Research
- Chapter 12: Niche-based Approaches to Sustainable Development: Radical Activists versus Strategic Managers
- Chapter 13: The Sustainable Transformation of Sanitation
- Chapter 14: The Transition towards Sustainable Production Systems in Austria: A Reflexive Exercise?
- Chapter 15: The Transformation of Agriculture: Reflexive Governance for Agrobiodiversity
- Chapter 16: Reflexive Governance: A View on an Emerging Path
This content is available to you
If the inline PDF is not rendering correctly, you can download the PDF file here.