Edited by Jeremy Phillips
Trade Marks at the Limit is a collection of current, informed and original essays on different aspects of a topic that unites trade mark owners, practitioners and potential infringers alike – the fine borderline that separates permitted use of another business’s trade mark from a use that constitutes trade mark infringement.
Show Summary Details
- Trade Marks at the Limit
- Biographical notes
- Introduction: Permitted But Unauthorised Use
- Chapter 1: Permitted Use Under International Law
- Chapter 2: Permitted Use Under European Law: The Framework
- Chapter 3: Comparative Advertising in the United States
- Chapter 4: A Contrast With Trade Mark Law: The Permitted Use of Geographical Indications
- Chapter 5: Comparative Advertising in Europe
- Chapter 6: Use of Trade Marks on Repackaged and Relabelled Pharmaceutical Goods
- Chapter 7: Controlling Third Party Use at the Border
- Chapter 8: Compatibility of Products: The ECJ’s Gillette Ruling
- Chapter 9: Repairs and other Specialist Services in the Light of the ECJ’s BMW Ruling
- Chapter 10: Refills, Recharged Batteries and Recycled Products
- Chapter 11: Honest Commercial Use in Light of the ECJ’s Gerolsteiner Ruling
- Chapter 12: ‘Descriptivess’ in American Trade Mark Law
- Chapter 13: Interim Relief, Final Injunctions and Freedom of Speech: The French Greenpeace and Danone Litigation
- Chapter 14: Trade Mark Issues in the Financial Services Industry
- Chapter 15: The Impact of Permitted Use on Trade Mark Valuation
- Chapter 16: Unauthorised Use of Trade Marks: A Trade Mark Proprietor’s Perspective
- Chapter 17: Unauthorised Permitted Use in a Multilingual Jurisdiction
- Chapter 18: Unauthorised Use of Another’s Trade Mark: A View from Australia
- Chapter 19: Why is it Better to Brand so as not to Rely on Third Party Use?
- Chapter 20: Legal Strategies for Coping With Unwanted Third Party Use
- Chapter 21: Non-traditional Trade Marks: Unauthorised but Permitted Use
- Conclusion: Where Do We Go From Here?
- Index of trade marks, trade names and geographical indications
- Subject index
This content is available to you
Index of trade marks, trade names and geographical indications
If the inline PDF is not rendering correctly, you can download the PDF file here.