European Practice and Experience
Edited by Clive George and Colin Kirkpatrick
Translation of the principle of sustainable development into policy and practice, and the evaluation of the outcomes of these strategic interventions, are some of the most pressing challenges facing policymakers in Europe and beyond. The chapters in this book contribute to the debate surrounding these challenges. By exploring the conceptual and methodological issues relating to the evaluation of sustainable development and analysing European practice and experience, this work provides a coherent and integrated contribution to our understanding of these issues.
Show Summary Details
- Impact Assessment and Sustainable Development European Practice and Experience
- Chapter 1: Impact Assessment and Sustainable Development: An Introduction
- Chapter 2: The Long and Winding Road of Sustainable Development Evaluation
- Chapter 3: Evaluation for Sustainable Development: The Rio Model of Governance
- Chapter 4: Evaluation of Regional Network Governance: Capacity Building for Steering Sustainable Development
- Chapter 5: The Role of Evaluation in Regional Sustainable Development
- Chapter 6: Considering Environmental Aspects in Integrated Impact Assessment: Lessons Learned and Challenges Ahead
- Chapter 7: The Contribution of Environmental Assessment to Sustainable Development: Toward a Richer Conceptual Understanding
- Chapter 8: How Useful are Computable General Equilibrium Models for Sustainability Impact Assessment?
- Chapter 9: Methods and Tools for Integrated Sustainability Assessment (MATISSE): A New European Project
- Chapter 10: The Selection of Suitable Tools for Sustainability Impact Assessment
- Chapter 11: Assessing the Cost-Effectiveness of Environmental Policies in Europe
- Chapter 12: Implementing a Monitoring System for the French National Strategy for Sustainable Development
- Chapter 13: The Quality of Impact Assessment in Slovakia
- Chapter 14: Challenges of Regulating Integrated Impact Assessment: The Case of Slovenia
- Chapter 15: Strategic Environmental Assessment and Sustainability Assessment in the Netherlands
- Chapter 16: Exploring the Feasibility of Sustainability Impact Assessment Procedures for Federal Policies in Belgium
This content is available to you
If the inline PDF is not rendering correctly, you can download the PDF file here.