Management Challenges and Symptoms
Edited by Janice Langan-Fox, Cary L. Cooper and Richard J. Klimoski
A work exposing and exploring the phenomena of the dysfunctional workplace is long overdue. This fascinating book does just that, uncovering the subversiveness, counter-productive behaviour and unspoken ‘issues’ that managers struggle with on a daily basis.
Show Summary Details
- Research Companion to the Dysfunctional Workplace Management Challenges and Symptoms
- Chapter 1: When Good People Do Nothing: A Failure of Courage
- Chapter 2: Personality Disorders and Derailment at Work: The Paradoxical Positive Influence of Pathology in the Workplace
- Chapter 3: Problems of Employees with Personality Disorders: The Exemplar of Obsessive-Compulsive Personality Disorder (OCPD)
- Chapter 4: Tyrants and Workplace Bullying
- Chapter 5: The Struggle of the Self: Identity Dysfunctions in the Contemporary Workplace
- Chapter 6: Why Bad Leaders Stay in Good Places
- Chapter 7: Leadership and Ethics: The Darker Side of Management
- Chapter 8: Employee Loss of Trust in Management: Surviving in a New Era
- Chapter 9: Employee Attachment and Deviance in Organizations
- Chapter 10: Work Hours and Work Addiction: Work Now, Pay Later
- Chapter 11: Feedback Phobia? Why Employees Do Not Want to Give or Receive Performance Feedback
- Chapter 12: Everybody Hurts, Sometimes: The Language of Emotionality and the Dysfunctional Organization
- Chapter 13: Humor in Organizations: No Laughing Matter
- Chapter 14: The Role of Organizational Practices and Routines in Facilitating Normalized Corruption
- Chapter 15: The Dysfunction Territoriality in Organizations
- Chapter 16: Towards a Relational Model of Workplace Aggression
- Chapter 17: Understanding and Deterring Employee Theft with Organizational Justice
- Chapter 18: When Teams Fail in Organizations: What Creates Teamwork Breakdowns?
- Chapter 19: Collective Wisdom as an Oxymoron: Team-based Structures as Impediments to Learning
- Chapter 20: The Bright and Dark Sides of Personality: Implications for Personnel Selection in Individual and Team Contexts
- Chapter 21: Motives and Traits as a Driver of Adaptive and Maladaptive Managerial Styles
- Chapter 22: Avoiding Entrepreneurial Frustration: Building a Management Team
- Chapter 23: Organizational Change and its Dysfunctional Effect on Managers in Large Organizations
- Chapter 24: Helping Creativity and Innovation Thrive in Organizations: Functional and Dysfunctional Perspectives
- Chapter 25: ‘Dysfunctional’ Subcultures in Organizations: Threat or a Key to Enhancing Change?
This content is available to you
If the inline PDF is not rendering correctly, you can download the PDF file here.