Edited by Giovanni Battista Dagnino
The Handbook of Research on Competitive Strategy presents a comprehensive state-of-the-art picture of current strategic management issues and demarcates the major investigation strands that are likely to shape the field into the future.
Show Summary Details
- Handbook of Research on Competitive Strategy
- Chapter 1: Introduction: Why a Handbook of Research on Competitive Strategy?
- Chapter 2: What is Competitive Strategy? Origins and Developments of a Relevant Research Area in Strategic Management
- Chapter 3: The Genesis of Competitive Strategy: A Historian’s View
- Chapter 4: Theory of Science Perspectives on Strategic Management Research: Debates and a Novel View
- Chapter 5: Young and Growing Research Directions in Competitive Strategy
- Chapter 6: The Role of Resource-based Theory in Strategic Management Studies: Managerial Implications and Hints for Research
- Chapter 7: The Mind of the Strategist and the Eye of the Beholder: The Socio-cognitive Perspective in Strategy Research
- Chapter 8: The Management of Growth Strategies in Firm Networks: A Stylized Model of Opportunity Discovery via Network Ties
- Chapter 9: Strategy-as-Practice: Untangling the Emergence of Competitive Positions
- Chapter 10: Competitive Dynamics Stimulated by Pioneers’ Technological Innovation: A Theoretical Framework
- Chapter 11: The Evolving Role of Mergers and Acquisitions in Competitive Strategy Research
- Chapter 18: The Use of Quantitative Methodologies in Competitive Strategy Research
- Chapter 19: Semiotic Methods and the Meaning of Strategy in Firm Annual Reports
- Chapter 20: The Role and Impact of Computer Simulation Modeling in Competitive Strategy Research
- Chapter 21: The Management of Trust in Competitive Strategy Research: Why it is Important and What is New
- Chapter 22: Competing through Business Models
- Chapter 23: Coopetition: Nature, Challenges, and Implications for Firms’ Strategic Behavior and Managerial Mindset
- Chapter 24: Crossing Boundaries between Contemporary Research in Strategy and Finance: Connecting the Firm’s Financial Structure and Competitive Strategy
- Chapter 25: Does Firm Ownership Matter? Investors, Corporate Governance and Strategic Competitiveness in Privately-held Firms
- Chapter 26: Competitive Strategy Research’s Impact on Practice
This content is available to you
Chapter 1: Introduction: Why a Handbook of Research on Competitive Strategy?
If the inline PDF is not rendering correctly, you can download the PDF file here.