Ecological Economics and Sustainable Development comprises a carefully chosen selection of some 25 articles, speeches, congressional testimonies, reviews, and critiques from the last ten years of Herman Daly’s ever-illuminating work.
Show Summary Details
- Ecological Economics and Sustainable Development, Selected Essays of Herman Daly
- Figures and boxes
- Chapter 1: Limits to Growth
- Chapter 2: Economics in a Full World
- Chapter 3: The Challenge of Ecological Economics: Historical Context and Some Specific Issues
- Chapter 4: Sustainable Development: Definitions, Principles, Policies
- Chapter 5: The Illth of Nations: Comments on World Bank World Development Report, 2003
- Chapter 6: Can We Grow Our Way to an Environmentally Sustainable World?
- Chapter 7: Consumption and Welfare: Two Views of Value Added
- Chapter 8: Ecological Economics: The Concept of Scale and its Relation to Allocation, Distribution, and Uneconomic Growth
- Chapter 9: Sustaining Our Commonwealth of Nature and Knowledge
- Chapter 10: The Steady-State Economy and Peak Oil
- Chapter 11: How Long Can Neoclassical Economists Ignore the Contributions of Georgescu-Roegen?
- Chapter 12: Off-Shoring in the Context of Globalization
- Chapter 13: Invited Testimony to Russian Duma on Resource Taxation
- Chapter 14: Involuntary Displacement: Efficient Reallocation or Unjust Redistribution?
- Chapter 15: Sustainable Development and OPEC
- Chapter 16: Can Nineveh Repent Again?
- Chapter 17: Beck’s Case Against Immigration
- Chapter 18: Hardly Green
- Chapter 19: The Return of Lauderdale’s Paradox
- Chapter 20: When Smart People Make Dumb Mistakes
- Chapter 21: Globalization versus Internationalization, and Four Reasons Why Internationalization is Better
- Chapter 22: Population, Migration, and Globalization
- Chapter 23: Policy, Possibility, and Purpose
- Chapter 24: Feynman’s Unanswered Question
- Chapter 25: Roefie Hueting’s Perpendicular “Demand Curve” and the Issue of Objective Value
- Chapter 26: Conclusions
This content is available to you
Figures and boxes
If the inline PDF is not rendering correctly, you can download the PDF file here.