Reflections on Theory and Practice
Edited by Pieter Glasbergen, Frank Biermann and Arthur P.J. Mol
This significant study discusses the emergence of partnerships for sustainable development as an innovative, and potentially influential, new type of governance. With contributions from leading experts in the field, the ‘partnership paradigm’ is discussed and the contributors explore the process, extent and circumstances under which partnerships can improve the legitimacy and effectiveness of governance for sustainable development.
Show Summary Details
- Partnerships, Governance and Sustainable Development Reflections on Theory and Practice
- Chapter 1: Setting the Scene: The Partnership Paradigm in the Making
- Chapter 2: The Process of Partnership Construction: Anticipating Obstacles and Enhancing the Likelihood of Successful Partnerships for Sustainable Development
- Chapter 3: Sustainability through Partnering: Conceptualizing Partnerships between Businesses and NGOs
- Chapter 4: Partnership as a Means to Good Governance: Towards an Evaluation Framework
- Chapter 5: Enabling Environmental Partnerships: The Role of Good Governance in Madagascar’s Forest Sector
- Chapter 6: Environmental Partnerships in Agriculture: Reflections on the Australian Experience
- Chapter 7: Partnership as Governance Mechanism in Development Cooperation: Intersectoral North–South Partnerships for Marine Biodiversity
- Chapter 8: Partnerships for Sustainability: An Analysis of Transnational Environmental Regimes
- Chapter 9: Democracy and Accountability: The Challenge for Cross-sectoral Partnerships
- Chapter 10: Bringing the Environmental State Back In: Partnerships in Perspective
- Chapter 11: Multi-stakeholder Partnerships for Sustainable Development: Does the Promise Hold?
- Chapter 12: Multi-Stakeholder Global Networks: Emerging Systems for the Global Common Good
- Chapter 13: Conclusion: Partnerships for Sustainability – Reflections on a Future Research Agenda
This content is available to you
If the inline PDF is not rendering correctly, you can download the PDF file here.