Critical Assessments of The General Theory
Edited by L. Randall Wray and Matthew Forstater
In this substantial new collection, esteemed Post-Keynesian scholars reassess the relevance of Keynes’s The General Theory to a broad array of topic areas, ranging from the environment, investment finance, exchange rates, and socialism, as well as inquiries into general Post-Keynesian theory.
Show Summary Details
- Keynes and Macroeconomics After 70 Years Critical Assessments of The General Theory
- Chapter 1: Heterodox Macroeconomics: What, Exactly, Are We Against?
- Chapter 2: Keynes the Keynesian: A Lakatosian Insight into Keynes’s ‘Probable’ Theoretical Contributions to Macroeconomics after 1937
- Chapter 3: Minsky and Keynes on Investment Volatility: Was There an Overstatement?
- Chapter 4: Two Founding Fathers of the Post Keynesian Critical Appraisal of Self-balancing Mechanisms?
- Chapter 5: The Contributions of Tom Asimakopulos to Post Keynesian Economics
- Chapter 6: Asimakopulos’s Criticism of Keynes’s Short-period Equilibrium: A Reformulation
- Chapter 7: Modeling Keynes with Kalecki
- Chapter 8: A Keynesian Model for the 21st Century
- Chapter 9: Capital Accumulation, Income Distribution, Technical Progress and Endogenous Money in a Post Keynesian Macrodynamic Model
- Chapter 10: Keynes on the Control of the Money Supply and the Interest Rates
- Chapter 11: Inflation Targeting in Brazil: A Keynesian Approach
- Chapter 12: Eisner’s Radical Approach to Social Security – Tell the Truth!
- Chapter 13: Investment Finance and Financial Sector Development
- Chapter 14: Keynes’s Theory of Probability, Investment Behavior, and
- Chapter 15: Real Exchange Rate Levels, Investment and Growth: A Keynesian Perspective
- Chapter 16: A Reinterpretation, Remedy and Development of Keynes’s Liquidity Preference Theory
- Chapter 17: Keynes’s ‘Revolving Fund of Finance’ and Transactions in the Circuit
- Chapter 18: Monetary and Fiscal Policies in a Post Keynesian Stock-flow Consistent Model
- Chapter 19: Expectations and Unemployment
This content is available to you
If the inline PDF is not rendering correctly, you can download the PDF file here.