Rhetoric and Realities
Edited by Regine Barth and Franziska Wolff
The acid test of corporate social responsibility (CSR) is simply this: does it lead to positive impacts on society and the environment or is it just rhetoric? And if it does lead to positive impacts, how can these be enhanced? This timely book tackles this cutting-edge challenge by presenting empirical findings from a range of surveys and in-depth case studies. These build on a new methodological and theoretical framework for assessing and explaining the sustainability impact of CSR.
Show Summary Details
- Corporate Social Responsibility in Europe Rhetoric and Realities
- Chapter 1: Corporate Social Responsibility and Sustainability Impact: Opening up the Arena
- Chapter 2: A Framework for Assessing the Sustainability Impact of CSR
- Chapter 3: A Framework for Explaining the Sustainability Impact of CSR
- Chapter 4: Introduction to the Surveys
- Chapter 5: CSR in the European Oil Sector: A Mapping of Company Perceptions
- Chapter 6: CSR in the European Fish Processing Industry: Not Just Fishing for Compliments
- Chapter 7: CSR in the European Banking Sector: Evidence from a Survey
- Chapter 8: Driving on CSR: SMEs in the Automotive Supply Chain
- Chapter 9: CSR Practices Across Four Sectors: A Synthesis of the Surveys
- Chapter 10: Standardized CSR and Climate Performance: Why is Shell Willing, but Hydro Reluctant?
- Chapter 11: In Hunt for Sustainable Seafood: Sustainability Effects of CSR in Three Fish Processing Companies
- Chapter 12: CSR for Gender Equality: A New Approach for Dealing with Long-Standing Inequalities? Insights from Two Banks
- Chapter 13: Banking on Integrity: CSR Helps Counter Bribery and Money Laundering in Two Banks
- Chapter 14: CSR Effects Across Four Issue Areas: A Synthesis of the Case Studies
- Chapter 15: CSR and Public Policy: Mutually Reinforcing for Sustainable Development?
- Chapter 16: Striking Oil? CSR and the EU Integration Processes: The Example of Hungary
- Chapter 17: Rhetoric and Realities in CSR: Main Findings and Implications for Public Policy and Research
This content is available to you
If the inline PDF is not rendering correctly, you can download the PDF file here.