Edited by Klaus Liebscher, Josef Christl, Peter Mooslechner and Doris Ritzberger-Grünwald
This book combines currency matters with competitiveness considerations, with a view to raising the understanding of exchange rate dynamics and to analysing the role of exchange rates in reinforcing economic competitiveness.
Show Summary Details
- Currency and Competitiveness in Europe
- Chapter 1: Competitiveness Still has Currency
- Chapter 2: Financial Market Turbulence and Global Imbalances
- Chapter 3: Are Global Imbalances a Problem?
- Chapter 4: Financial Globalization and Exchange Rate Arrangements
- Chapter 5: Exchange Rates from a Multilateral and South-East Asian Perspective
- Chapter 6: Fundamentally Lost? On the Role of Fundamentals in Exchange Rate Economics in History and Theory
- Chapter 7: Macroeconomic Fundamentals and the Exchange Rate
- Chapter 8: Understanding Exchange Rates: A Micro-based Perspective on the Importance of Fundamentals
- Chapter 9: Real Exchange Rate Dynamics in Transition Economies: The Role of Investment in Quality
- Chapter 10: The Impact of Exchange Rate Interventions and Communication Over the Medium Term
- Chapter 11: Using the Microstructure Approach to Foreign Exchange Markets in a Central Bank
- Chapter 12: How do Central Banks and FX Traders Interact?
- Chapter 13: Competitiveness in a Monetary Union
- Chapter 14: Real and Nominal Convergence: Policy Challenges in a Monetary Union
- Chapter 15: Product Quality and International Competitiveness in the New Member States of the EU
- Chapter 16: Structural Aspects of Competitiveness
- Chapter 17: Assessing the Sustainability of External Positions in New EU Member States
- Chapter 18: Preparing for the Euro – Perspectives from the Monetary Policy Strategy in Cyprus
- Chapter 19: Economic Challenges on the Path to the Euro – The Maltese Experience
- Chapter 20: Slovakia’s Road to the Euro – Lessons Learned and Challenges Ahead
- Chapter 21: Euro Area Enlargement: Lessons and Challenges
This content is available to you
If the inline PDF is not rendering correctly, you can download the PDF file here.