General Issues and Regional Groups
Edited by Miroslav N. Jovanović
With this Handbook, Miroslav Jovanović has provided readers with both an excellent stand-alone original reference book as well as the first volume in a comprehensive three-volume set. This introduction into a rich and expanding academic and practical world of international economic integration also provides a theoretical and analytical framework to the reader, presenting select analytical studies and encouraging further research.
Show Summary Details
- International Handbook on the Economics of Integration, Volume I General Issues and Regional Groups
- Introductory Note
- Chapter 1: The Never-ending Story of Regional Trade Agreements
- Chapter 2: Multilateralising Regionalism: Spaghetti Bowls as Building Blocks on the Path to Global Free Trade
- Chapter 3: Multilateral versus Regional Trading Arrangements: Substitutes or Complements?
- Chapter 4: Contemporary Regionalism
- Chapter 5: The World Trade Organization and International Economic Integration: Legal Aspects
- Chapter 6: Preferential Liberalisation in a Hub-and-Spoke Configuration versus a Free Trade Area
- Chapter 7: The Economic Case for Reciprocal Trade Negotiations: Gains from Both Imports and Exports
- Chapter 8: Understanding the Barriers to Entry Effects of Rules of Origin in Preferential Trading Arrangements with an Application to Asian FTAs
- Chapter 9: The Limits to Integration
- Chapter 10: Technology and Globalisation
- Chapter 11: Globalisation: An Anatomy
- Chapter 12: A New Era for Europe: The Lisbon Treaty – From Constitution to Lisbon Treaty
- Chapter 13: EU Policies and Policy-making
- Chapter 14: From the Barcelona Process to the Union for the Mediterranean: Rhetoric versus the Record
- Chapter 15: The North American Free Trade Agreement: Fait Accompli?
- Chapter 16: Regional Integration in East Asia
- Chapter 17: East Asia’s Economic Integration and Institutional Cooperation for Further Integration
- Chapter 18: Integration Efforts and Economic Dynamics in South America
- Chapter 19: Structural Adjustment in Latin America: From Crisis to Ambiguity
- Chapter 20: Economic Integration in Sub-Saharan Africa
- Chapter 21: Globalisation Challenges and New Arab Regionalism: Towards a New Deal of South–South Integration
- Chapter 22: Towards a Relance Arabe? Bilateral and Regional Economic Integration Initiatives in the Middle East and North Africa
This content is available to you
If the inline PDF is not rendering correctly, you can download the PDF file here.