Trends, Patterns and Control
Edited by Heinz Fassmann, Max Haller and David Lane
The enlargement of the European Union has had an enormous impact on migration within Europe. This book addresses the form of these effects, outlining the social, political and economic problems created by the free movement of people within the European Union.
Show Summary Details
- Migration and Mobility in Europe Trends, Patterns and Control
- Chapter 1: Migration and Mobility in Europe: An Introduction
- Chapter 2: Winners and Losers of Migration in the European Context: Economic Aspects
- Chapter 3: Shortage of Skilled Workers: Myths and Realities
- Chapter 4: Understanding Migration Decisions in Eastern and Western Europe: Perceived Costs and Benefits of Mobility
- Chapter 5: The Wrong Portuguese? Youth and Geographical Mobility Intentions in Portugal
- Chapter 6: Free-moving West Europeans: An Empirically Based Portrait
- Chapter 7: A Suspended Status: The Puzzle of Polish Workers in the West Midlands
- Chapter 8: Turkey, the New Destination for International Retirement Migration
- Chapter 9: Recent Migration from the New European Borderlands
- Chapter 10: The Entry of Female Immigrants into Personal Home Care Services in Spain
- Chapter 11: Turkish Minorities in Europe: Towards Societal Integration or the Rise of ‘Parallel Societies’
- Chapter 12: Employment Rates of Return Migrants: The Finnish Case
- Chapter 13: The Future of Border Control: Risk Management of Migration in the UK
- Chapter 14: Tracing, Identifying and Sorting. The Role of EU Migration Databases in the Internal Control on Irregular Migrants
- Chapter 15: Recent Tendencies in Immigration Control Policies in Europe: Undermining Legal Safeguards and Refugee Protection?
This content is available to you
If the inline PDF is not rendering correctly, you can download the PDF file here.