Edited by Francis N. Botchway
This well-researched book covers a wide spectrum of important issues that are central to investment in natural resources and ultimately, economic development of Africa.
Show Summary Details
- Natural Resource Investment and Africa’s Development
- Chapter 1: Good Governance and Resource Management in Africa
- Chapter 2: Dispute Settlement and Sustainable Development of Natural Resources in Africa
- Chapter 3: Resource Exploitation and Environmental Justice: The Nigerian Experience
- Chapter 4: Contractual Arrangements for Resource Investment
- Chapter 5: ‘A Conflict of Interest’? A Critical Examination of Artisanal/Large-scale Miner Relations in Sub-Saharan Africa
- Chapter 6: Mergers and Acquisitions in Resource Industry: Implications for Africa
- Chapter 7: Fiscal Regimes for Natural Resource Extraction: Implications for Africa’s Development
- Chapter 8: Africa: From Object to Agent of Socially Responsible Investment
- Chapter 9: Evolution of International Investment Law and Implications for Africa
- Chapter 10: Commodity Agreements and Markets
- Chapter 11: Regime Theory and China–Africa Economic Relations: New Ideas in Old Paradigms?
- Chapter 12: The Settlement of Investor–State Oil and Gas Disputes in Africa
- Chapter 13: The Role of International Criminal Law in Environmental Protection
- Chapter 14: Economic Development and Environmental Protection in Africa: The Constitutional, Conventional and Institutional Contexts
This content is available to you
If the inline PDF is not rendering correctly, you can download the PDF file here.