Engine for Dynamism and Stability
Edited by Masahiro Kawai, Jong-Wha Lee, Peter A. Petri and Giovanni Capanelli
The structure and policy architecture of the world economy, as it emerges from the historic challenges now underway, will be affected by the dramatic rise of Asian economies and deepening connections among them. This important book examines the rapid transformation of the Asian economy, the challenges it faces, emerging regional solutions, and how Asia can play a more constructive role in the global economy.
Show Summary Details
- Asian Regionalism in the World Economy Engine for Dynamism and Stability
- Chapter 1: Asian Growth and Global Stability
- Chapter 2: Technology Policy for Sustained Asian Dynamism
- Chapter 3: Will Demographic Change Undermine Asia’s Growth Prospects?
- Chapter 4: Alternative Growth Strategies in Asia: Liberalization, Deregulation, Structural Reforms
- Chapter 5: Regional Trade Agreements in Integrating Asia
- Chapter 6: Governance and Financial Integration in East Asia
- Chapter 7: Patterns and Determinants of Financial Integration in Asia
- Chapter 8: From Crisis to Crisis: Changing Capital Flows and Foreign Exchange Reserves in Asia
- Chapter 9: Monetary Policy and Exchange Rate Stability in East Asia
- Chapter 10: Perceptions of Economic Interdependence: The View of Asian Opinion Leaders
- Chapter 11: How Asia Can Benefit from the European Experience
- Chapter 12: South Asian Integration: Prospects and Lessons from East Asia
- Chapter 13: Asia in Global Governance: A Case for Decentralized Institutions
- Chapter 14: Deepening Asian Integration and the Architecture for Regional Cooperation
This content is available to you
If the inline PDF is not rendering correctly, you can download the PDF file here.