Nations, Cities and Organizations
Edited by Maddy Janssens, Myriam Bechtoldt, Arie de Ruijter, Dino Pinello, Giovanni Prarolo and Vanja M.K. Stenius
This engaging book addresses the question of how diverse communities, whether in a nation, city or organization, can live together and prosper whilst retaining and enjoying their cultural differences. This is a particularly pertinent issue in the context of the modern world where mass migration and immigration are pervasive global phenomena.
Show Summary Details
- The Sustainability of Cultural Diversity Nations, Cities and Organizations
- Foreword and Acknowledgements
- Chapter 1: Sustainable Diversity
- Chapter 2: An Historical Perspective on Sustainable Diversity: Market and Nation as Catalysts of Diversity in Modern Europe (1800–1950)
- Chapter 3: Sustainable Diversity and Inequality: Race in the USA and Beyond
- Chapter 4: The Republic Against Republicanism: The French Debate on Cultural Diversity (1983–2005)
- Chapter 5: Cultural Diversity in Bolivia: From Liberal Interculturalism to Indigenous Modernity
- Chapter 6: Diversity in European Regions: Lessons from Germany
- Chapter 7: Diversity and Tolerance: Rhetoric versus Reality
- Chapter 8: Material Culture in the City: Consumption, Diversity and Sustainability in City Neighbourhoods
- Chapter 9: From Uniformity to Sustainable Diversity: Transformations of a Post-Socialist City
- Chapter 10: Cultural Diversity-Based Projects and their Effects on Sustainable Development
- Chapter 11: Cultural Capital, Local Identities and Ethnic Diversity: A Study of Amsterdam Cultural Tourism Trends
- Chapter 12: Migration in the Czech Republic: A Source of Social Diversity and Formation of New Social Networks in the Urban Environment
- Chapter 13: Towards Sustainable Diversity in Organizations: Lessons from Good Diversity Management Practices
- Chapter 14: Managing Diversity Conceptually: Shifting Conceptualizations of Diversity in the Context of Immigrant Organizations in Sweden
- Chapter 15: Ethnicity and Sustainability in Organizations: Does Organizational Identification Matter?
- Chapter 16: Migrant Entrepreneurship in a Diverse Europe: In Search of Sustainable Development
This content is available to you
If the inline PDF is not rendering correctly, you can download the PDF file here.