- Advances in Regulatory Economics series
Edited by Michael A. Crew and Paul R. Kleindorfer
This compilation of original essays by an international cast of economists, regulators and industry practitioners analyzes some of the major issues now facing postal and delivery services throughout the world as competition from information and communication technologies has increased.
Show Summary Details
- Preface and acknowledgements
- Chapter 1: Competitive Strategies under FMO and Intermodal Competition
- Chapter 2: Invoicing in 16 European Countries
- Chapter 3: Does the Level of Price Elasticity Change with the Progression of Substitution?
- Chapter 4: Understanding the Impact of E-Substitution on Letter Mail Volumes: A Multi-Country Panel Study
- Chapter 5: The Future of the Portuguese Postal Sector and the Role of CTT
- Chapter 6: Optimal Pricing for Mail and Welfare Implications in a Communications Market
- Chapter 7: UK Letter Mail Demand: A Content-based Time-series Analysis Using Overlapping Market Survey Statistical Techniques
- Chapter 8: Postal Markets and Electronic Substitution: Implications for Regulatory Practices and Institutions in Europe
- Chapter 9: How Many Outlets if the USP Does Not Face Any USO? A Cross-country Comparison
- Chapter 10: Costing the Universal Service: Evaluating the Demand Response
- Chapter 11: State Funding and Cost Sharing of the USO Under the 2008 EU Postal Services Directive
- Chapter 12: Econometric Models and the Evolution of the French Post Office Network
- Chapter 13: Evaluating the Demand Effects of Reductions in the Frequency of Delivery Service
- Chapter 14: The UK Service Obligation: What Do the Public Think and How Do They Value It?
- Chapter 15: Assessing Anti-Competitive Behavior in a Postal Market
- Chapter 16: Price Discrimination in the Postal Sector and Competition Law
- Chapter 17: Price Discrimination and Price Differentiation Within Direct Mail
- Chapter 18: The Economics of Postal Payment Channels and EU Postal VAT
- Chapter 19: Impact of VAT Exemptions in the Postal Sector on Competition and Welfare
- Chapter 20: Competition and Regulation in the Italian Postal Market
- Chapter 21: Strategic Responses to Recession: A Comparison of the United States Postal Service to Leading Companies
- Chapter 22: The United States Postal Service Business Model: Lessons from the American Railroad Industry?
- Chapter 23: Financial Inclusion and Postal Banking: Is the Survival of Posts Also There?
- Chapter 24: The Dual Trend Towards Operational Efficiencies and Social Regulation in European Postal Services
- Chapter 25: Sustainable Growth and the Postal Sector: Universal Service versus Environmental Protection
- Chapter 26: Offering Sensor Network Services Using the Postal Delivery Vehicle Fleet