Perspectives, Measurement and Empirical Investigation
Edited by Robert Stimson, Roger R. Stough and Peter Nijkamp
Increasingly, endogenous factors and processes are being emphasized as drivers in regional economic development and growth. This 15 chapter book is unique in that it commences by presenting five disciplinary takes on endogenous development from the perspectives of economics, geography, sociology, planning and organizational management.
Show Summary Details
- Endogenous Regional Development Perspectives, Measurement and Empirical Investigation
- Chapter 1: Endogenous Regional Development
- Chapter 2: The Economist’s Perspective on Regional Endogenous Development
- Chapter 3: Endogenous Regional Theory: A Geographer’s Perspective and Interpretation
- Chapter 4: Endogenous Rural Development from a Sociological Perspective
- Chapter 5: Rural, Urban or Regional Endogenous Development as the Core Concept in the Planning Profession
- Chapter 6: Diversity and Endogeny in Regional Development: Applying Appreciative Intelligence
- Chapter 7: An Exploratory Approach to Model Determinants of Endogenous Regional Growth Performance
- Chapter 8: A Theory of Entrepreneurial Rents in Endogenous Growth: Implications for Regional Innovation Policies
- Chapter 9: Foreign Direct Investment, Knowledge Assets and the Economic Geography of Growth in the Asian BRIICS Countries
- Chapter 10: Implications of European Union Structural Assistance to New Member States on Regional Disparities: The Question of Absorption Capacity
- Chapter 11: Macroeconomic and Territorial Policies for Regional Competitiveness: Theory and Empirical Evidence from the EU
- Chapter 12: Endogenous Employment Growth and Decline in Australian Capital City Statistical Divisions
- Chapter 13: A Case Study Approach to Investigating Local Development Initiatives in Rural Small Towns in Victoria
- Chapter 14: Economic Development Incentives and the Measurement of Local Endogenous Growth: Is There a Need for Modeling Adjustment?
- Chapter 15: Regional Growth and Development Theories Revisited
This content is available to you
If the inline PDF is not rendering correctly, you can download the PDF file here.