Edited by Ulrich Volz
The contributors expertly provide a comparative perspective on regional integration in different regions of the world while at the same time analysing the various facets of integration, relating to trade, FDI, finance and monetary policies. They provide a comprehensive treatment of the subject and offer new perspectives on the potential developmental effects of regional integration and the implications of regional integration for global economic governance. Whilst highlighting and illustrating the potential benefits deriving from regional economic integration, the book also stresses the problems and challenges regional integration processes are usually confronted with.
Show Summary Details
- Regional Integration, Economic Development and Global Governance
- Abbreviations and acronyms
- Chapter 1: SAARC: Changing Realities, Opportunities and Challenges
- Chapter 2: East Asian Economic Integration and its Impact on the Chinese Economy
- Chapter 3: Regional Integration in Southern Africa: Key Issues and Challenges
- Chapter 4: Integration in Latin America – Trends and Challenges
- Chapter 5: The Future of the Multilateral Trading System in a Multi-polar World
- Chapter 6: Rabbits Caught in the Headlights? Africa and the ‘Multilateralizing Regionalism’ Paradigm
- Chapter 7: Regional Trade-FDI-Poverty Alleviation Linkages – Some Analytical and Empirical Explorations
- Chapter 8: Regional Integration and FDI in Emerging Markets
- Chapter 9: Developing Regional Financial Markets – the Case of East Asia
- Chapter 10: Regional Financing Arrangements and the IMF
- Chapter 11: Monetary Integration and Trade: What do we Know?
- Chapter 12: When You Got Nothing, You Got Nothing to Lose – Regional Monetary Integration and Policy Independence
- Chapter 13: South–South Regional Monetary Cooperation: Potential Gains for Developing Countries and Emerging Markets
- Chapter 14: Currency Baskets for East Asia
This content is available to you
Abbreviations and acronyms
If the inline PDF is not rendering correctly, you can download the PDF file here.