New Actors and Modes of Governance in a Globalizing World
Edited by Susan L. Robertson, Karen Mundy, Antoni Verger and Francine Menashy
This insightful book brings together both academics and researchers from a variety of international organizations and aid agencies to explore the complexities of public private partnerships as a resurgent, hybrid mode of educational governance that operates across scales, from the community to the global.
Show Summary Details
- Public Private Partnerships in Education
- Chapter 1: An Introduction to Public Private Partnerships and Education Governance
- Chapter 2: Governing Education through Public Private Partnerships
- Chapter 3: International PPPs in Education: New Potential or Privatizing Public Goods?
- Chapter 4: Public Private Partnerships, Neoliberal Globalization and Democratization
- Chapter 5: The Role of the International Finance Corporation in the Promotion of Public Private Partnerships for Educational Development
- Chapter 6: The GATS Game-changer: International Trade Regulation and the Constitution of a Global Education Marketplace
- Chapter 7: Private Foundations, Philanthropy and Partnership in Education and Development: Mapping the Terrain
- Chapter 8: A Disconnect between Motivations and Education Needs: Why American Corporate Philanthropy Alone Will Not Educate the Most Marginalized
- Chapter 9: Microsoft Corporation: A Case Study of Corporate-led PPPs in Education
- Chapter 10: The Role and Impact of Public Private Partnerships in Education
- Chapter 11: Do Public Private Partnerships Fulfil the Right to Education? An Examination of the Role of Non-state Actors in Advancing Equity, Equality and Justice
- Chapter 12: Is Low-fee Private Primary Schooling Affordable for the Poor? Evidence from Rural India
- Chapter 13: Why Girls’ Education Rather than Gender Equality? The Strange Political Economy of PPPs in Pakistan
- Chapter 14: The Role of Central Management Structures in Public Private Partnerships: The Case of Fe y Alegría Schools in Peru
This content is available to you
If the inline PDF is not rendering correctly, you can download the PDF file here.