Case Studies in Knowledge Intensive Entrepreneurship
Edited by Maureen McKelvey and Astrid Heidemann Lassen
How Entrepreneurs Do What They Do presents 13 case studies of knowledge intensive entrepreneurship. The book focuses on ‘doing’, in essence, what happens when entrepreneurs are engaging practically in venture creation processes.
Show Summary Details
- How Entrepreneurs do What they do
- Preface and acknowledgement
- Chapter 1: Introduction
- Chapter 2: How tensions between exploration and exploitation drive the development process of KIE: the case of Sensor Inc.
- Chapter 3: Collaborative strategies: how and why academic spin-offs interact with engineering university centers
- Chapter 4: Interaction as a strategy in knowledge intensive entrepreneurship: the case of an ERP software company
- Chapter 5: Managing international expansion in a KIE venture: going global in Alpha Composites
- Chapter 6: The nexus between technology, organizational and market development: the case of NanoSpace Inc.
- Chapter 7: Knowledge intensive entrepreneurship from firm exit in a high-tech cluster: the case of the wireless communications cluster in Aalborg, Denmark
- Chapter 8: Entrepreneurial exploitation of creative destruction and the ambiguity of knowledge in the emerging field of digital advertising
- Chapter 9: Knowledge reallocation and challenges for KIE: the case of the European roller coaster industry
- Chapter 10: How cross-fertilization of high-tech and low-tech sectors creates innovative opportunities: the case of the wearable electrocardiogram
- Chapter 11: Building collaborative network relationships: the case of a corporate spin-off in the medical technology industry
- Chapter 12: Collaborative research in innovative food: an example of renewing a traditional low-tech industry
- Chapter 13: Financing and privatizing a visionary research endeavour in proteonomics: the case of ProSci in Australia
- Chapter 14: Business models in Big Data in China: designing new opportunities through sequencing and bioinformatics
- Chapter 15: Further developing the ideas
This content is available to you
If the inline PDF is not rendering correctly, you can download the PDF file here.