Edited by J. Robert Mitchell, Ronald K. Mitchell and Brandon Randolph-Seng
Entrepreneurial cognition research is at a crossroads, where static views give way to dynamic approaches. This Handbook draws on a variety of perspectives from experts in the field of entrepreneurial cognition to highlight the key elements in a socially-situated view, where cognition is action-oriented embodied, socially-situated, and distributed. Readers seeking to better understand and/or participate in some of the most up-to-date approaches to entrepreneurial cognition research will find this Handbook to be an invaluable and time-saving companion in their research.
Show Summary Details
- Handbook of Entrepreneurial Cognition
- Introduction: historical context, present trends and future directions in entrepreneurial cognition research
- Chapter 1: Thinking about cognition and its central role in entrepreneurship: confessions of a ‘reformed’ behaviourist
- Chapter 2: Linking achievement motivation to intentions, goals and entrepreneurial behaviors
- Chapter 3: Toward a taxonomy of entrepreneurs’ behaviour
- Chapter 4: Entrepreneurial self-regulation: consciousness and cognition
- Chapter 5: Feeling and thinking: the role of affect in entrepreneurial cognition
- Chapter 6: Exploring the affective and cognitive dynamics of entrepreneurship across time and planes of influence
- Chapter 7: Cultural context, passion and self-efficacy: do entrepreneurs operate on different ‘planets’?
- Chapter 8: Lessons from the neural foundation of entrepreneurial cognition: the case of emotion and motivation
- Chapter 9: Entrepreneurial cognition and social cognitive neuroscience
- Chapter 10: The infrastructure of entrepreneurial learning
- Chapter 11: How language shapes thought: new vistas for entrepreneurship research
- Chapter 12: Thinking big from the start: entrepreneurial growth cognitions
- Chapter 13: Simulating socially situated cognition in exchange creation
- Chapter 14: The whole deal: models, metaphors and mechanisms in entrepreneurial cognition
- Citation index
This content is available to you
If the inline PDF is not rendering correctly, you can download the PDF file here.