CESEE and the Impact of China and Russia
Edited by Ewald Nowotny, Peter Mooslechner and Doris Ritzberger-Grünwald
The expert contributors focus on global imbalances and accompanying policy challenges, competitiveness and trade, the sustainability of current growth strategies, and banking and financial stability in the light of the global economic and financial crisis. They provide a multi-disciplinary assessment, combining the views of high-ranking central bankers, policymakers, commercial bankers and academics, and demonstrate that a broad view of European economic integration is crucial given that spillovers and contagion were major issues of the recent economic crisis.
Show Summary Details
- European Integration in a Global Economy
- Chapter 1: The economic impact of China and Russia on the catching-up process in CESEE
- Chapter 2: Global shifts in the balance of economic activity through the emergence of China and Russia
- Chapter 3: The global outlook, a growth strategy for Europe, and the role of China1
- Chapter 4: China, East Asia and global rebalancing
- Chapter 5: Global imbalances, capital flows and the crisis
- Chapter 6: Oil exporters’ contribution to global imbalances
- Chapter 7: German unification and intra- European imbalances
- Chapter 8: Why do trade negotiations take so long?
- Chapter 9: Global trade, regional trade and emerging Europe
- Chapter 10: Competition in the EU-15 market: CESEE, China and Russia
- Chapter 11: Opportunities and challenges – the impact of Chinese competition on Hungarian manufacturing
- Chapter 12: Economic problems facing the next Russian president
- Chapter 13: Is the catching- up process in Central and Eastern Europe sustainable?
- Chapter 14: Short- term outlook and long- term convergence in China, Russia and Eastern Europe
- Chapter 15: The impact of China and Russia on catching up in South-Eastern Europe
- Chapter 16: The sustainability of the catching-up process – a multidimensional take
- Chapter 17: China’s shadow banking sector – pillar or threat to the system?
- Chapter 18: Banking and financial stability in the light of the crisis from the perspective of UniCredit
- Chapter 19: Banking and financial stability in the light of the crisis
This content is available to you
If the inline PDF is not rendering correctly, you can download the PDF file here.