Edited by Joseph A. McMahon and Michael N. Cardwell
Following the conclusion of the latest round of reforms to the Common Agricultural Policy (CAP) in 2013, the Research Handbook on EU Agriculture Law provides an up-to-date discussion of these reforms and the changing landscape in which the CAP now operates.
Show Summary Details
- Research Handbook on EU Agriculture Law
- Table of cases
- Table of legislation
- Chapter 1: What does the history of the Common Agricultural Policy tell us?
- Chapter 2: The direct payments regime: Delivering ‘a fair standard of living for the agricultural community’?
- Chapter 3: The Single Common Market Organization Regulation
- Chapter 4: Risk management in agriculture: What role for policy in the new Common Agricultural Policy?
- Chapter 5: Agricultural multifunctionality, working lands and public goods: Contested models of agri-environmental governance under the Common Agricultural Policy
- Chapter 6: Twisted together: European agriculture, environment and the Common Agricultural Policy
- Chapter 7: Environmental governance and land use policy in tension? Applying environmental impact assessment to intensive agriculture
- Chapter 8: The Common Agricultural Policy in 2020: Responding to climate change
- Chapter 9: European Union biofuels policy: Past, present and future?
- Chapter 10: Agriculture and water pollution
- Chapter 11: Integrated water resources management and the European Union’s Common Agricultural Policy
- Chapter 12: Food labelling requirements in European Union law: Creating the right package of measures to achieve the aims of Common Agricultural Policy 2020
- Chapter 13: The new European Regulation on Quality Schemes for Agricultural Products and Foodstuffs
- Chapter 14: Organic food and farming in the European Union
- Chapter 15: Of eggs, and seals, and leghold traps: Internal and external public morality as a factor in European Union animal welfare legislation
- Chapter 16: Co-existence of genetically modified organisms in the European Union: A veritable choice for whom?
- Chapter 17: Food safety policy in a time of technofoods: Risk, governance and legal issues relating to nanofoods
- Chapter 18: The impact of the Doha Round on the European Union’s Common Agricultural Policy
- Chapter 19: Mind the gap: ‘Greening’ direct payments and the World Trade Organization
- Chapter 20: The story of Community preference for food security
- Chapter 21: The European Union Common Agricultural Policy: Contributing towards the Millennium Development Goal on the reduction of hunger?
- Chapter 22: The Common Agricultural Policy and development
- Chapter 23: Implementing the European Consensus on Development: Trade and agriculture
- Chapter 24: Looking back to look forward
This content is available to you
Chapter 1: What does the history of the Common Agricultural Policy tell us?
If the inline PDF is not rendering correctly, you can download the PDF file here.