Edited by Marcel Boumans and Matthias Klaes
This collection of eminent contributions discusses the ideas and works of Mark Blaug, who has made important and often pioneering contributions to economic history, economic methodology, the economics of education, development economics, cultural economics, economic theory and the history of economic thought. Besides these assessments of Blaug’s influence and impact in these fields, this volume also contains a selection of personal portraits which depict him as a colleague, a friend and an opponent. Blaug was also a voracious reader and prolific writer, which is clearly evidenced by the comprehensive bibliography.
Show Summary Details
- Mark Blaug: Rebel with Many Causes
- Chapter 1: Introduction
- Chapter 2: Memorial address
- Chapter 3: Producing pearls of wisdom: a memoir of Mark Blaug's work practice
- Chapter 4: Remembering Mark Blaug
- Chapter 5: Remembering Mark Blaug
- Chapter 6: Some contentious issues in theory and policy in memory of Mark Blaug
- Chapter 7: Mark Blaug on the quantity theory: a skirmish on the border between science and ideology in the history of economic thought
- Chapter 8: Dr Blaug's diagnosis: is economics sick?
- Chapter 9: Competition as an evolutionary process: Mark Blaug and evolutionary economics
- Chapter 10: A 2 x 2 = 4 hobby horse: Mark Blaug on rational and historical reconstructions
- Chapter 11: Understanding Mark Blaug's attitude towards Sraffian economics
- Chapter 12: Mark Blaug on the historiography of economics
- Chapter 13: An unrepentant Lakatosian
- Chapter 14: Between the Scylla of Whig history and the Charybdis of methodological vacuum
- Chapter 15: Mark Blaug and the economics of the arts
- Chapter 16: From Austria to Australia: Mark Blaug and cultural economics
- Chapter 17: GP08 is the New F53: Gul and Pesendorfer’s Methodological Essay from the Viewpoint of Blaug’s Popperian Methodology
- Bibliography of Mark Blaug's publications
This content is available to you
If the inline PDF is not rendering correctly, you can download the PDF file here.