Edited by Marilyn L. Taylor, Robert J. Strom and David O. Renz
Currently, very little academic research exists on the intersection of entrepreneurship and philanthropy. This unique Handbook fills that gap, exploring how and why entrepreneurs who drive success in the for-profit world become engaged in philanthropy. Top family business and entrepreneurship scholars explore the many facets of this fascinating subject.
Show Summary Details
- Handbook of Research on Entrepreneurs’ Engagement in Philanthropy
- PART I: Overall Perspectives
- Chapter 1: Entrepreneurship and philanthropy: protecting the public interest
- Chapter 2: From entrepreneur to philanthropist: two sides of the same coin?
- Chapter 3: Local champions: entrepreneurs’ transition to philanthropy and the vibrancy of place
- PART II: Differing perspectives – different experiences?
- Chapter 4: Women entrepreneurs and their approach to philanthropy
- Chapter 5: Another look at giving back: an examination of the philanthropic motivations, orientations and activities of Black American entrepreneurs
- Chapter 6: Issues in multi-generation family companies
- Chapter 7: High-tech donors and their impact philanthropy: the conventional, novel and strategic traits of agent-animated wealth and philanthropy
- Chapter 8: Facilitating entrepreneurs’ transitions to philanthropy: the case of the Silicon Valley Community Foundation
- PART III: Perspectives Across the Globe
- Chapter 9: Contemporary European E2P: towards an understanding of European philanthrepreneurs
- Chapter 10: A study of Chinese entrepreneurs and philanthropic behavior
- Chapter 11: African entrepreneurs and their philanthropies: motivations, challenges and impact
- Chapter 12: Enabling, promoting and protecting the entrepreneur, philanthropist, entrepreneur-philanthropist, and the American way of life
- PART IV: Two Entrepreneurs – Two Transition Patterns
- Chapter 13: Exploring the transitions from entrepreneur to philanthropist – learning from Mr ‘K’ and Mr ‘M’
This content is available to you
If the inline PDF is not rendering correctly, you can download the PDF file here.