An Affirmative Critique
Edited by Pascal Dey and Chris Steyaert
Pascal Dey and Chris Steyaert provide a timely critique on the idea of social entrepreneurship and its reputation as a means for positive social change. The book uses different traditions and modes of critique to interrogate, disrupt and reimagine the concept of social entrepreneurship.
Show Summary Details
- Social Entrepreneurship
- Chapter 1: The books on social entrepreneurship we edit, critique and imagine
- Chapter 2: A methodological critique of the social enterprise growth myth
- Chapter 3: Nonprofit commercial revenue: a replacement for declining government grants and private contributions?
- Chapter 4: Bursting the bubble: the mythologies of many social enterprises and enterpri$ing nonprofits
- Chapter 5: The tale of the veil: unweaving Big Society and the social enterprise myth
- Chapter 6: Myth in social entrepreneurship research: an inquiry into rationalist, ideological and dialectic practices of demystification
- Chapter 7: Social entrepreneurship: mythological ‘doublethink’
- Chapter 8: ‘(It) is exactly what it was in me’: the performativity of social entrepreneurship
- Chapter 9: Of course, trust is not the whole story: narratives of dancing with a critical friend in social enterprise–public sector collaborations
- Chapter 10: Social entrepreneurship: performative enactments of compassion
- Chapter 11: Deliberative democracy in social entrepreneurship: a discourse ethics approach to participative processes of social change
- Chapter 12: Social entrepreneurship and democracy
- Chapter 13: Social entrepreneurship, democracy and political participation
- Chapter 14: Expanding the realm of the possible: field theory and a relational framing of social entrepreneurship
- Chapter 15: Becoming possible in the Anthropocene? Becomingsocialentrepreneurship as more-than-capitalist practice
- Chapter 16: New framings and practices of critical research
This content is available to you
If the inline PDF is not rendering correctly, you can download the PDF file here.