Edited by Kate Miles
The Research Handbook on Environment and Investment Law examines one of the most dynamic areas of international law: the interaction between international investment law and environmental law and policy. The Research Handbook takes a thematic approach, analysing key issues in the environment–investment nexus, such as freshwater resources, climate, biodiversity, biotechnology and sustainable development. It also includes sections which explore regional experiences and address practice and procedure, and offers innovative approaches and critical perspectives, including the interface between foreign investment and the environment with human rights, gender, indigenous peoples, and economics.
Show Summary Details
- Research Handbook on Environment and Investment Law
- Chapter 1: International investment law and the environment: introduction
- Chapter 2: Foreign investment and the environment in international law: current trends
- Chapter 3: Sustainable development and international investment law
- Chapter 4: Water and investment
- Chapter 5: Combating climate change through the promotion of green investment: from Kyoto to Paris without regime-specific dispute settlement
- Chapter 6: International investment law and biodiversity
- Chapter 7: Environment and human rights in an investment law frame
- Chapter 8: Treatment standards in environment-related investor-state disputes
- Chapter 9: Procedural issues and innovations in environment-related investor-state disputes
- Chapter 10: The use of science in environment-related investor-state arbitration
- Chapter 11: Green multilateralism: ‘mega FTAs’ and the changing interface between environmental regulation and investment protection
- Chapter 12: Does the green economy need investor-state dispute settlement?
- Chapter 13: Going green? The evolution of environmental provisions in India’s investment treaties
- Chapter 14: Stabilization clauses in long-term investment contracts in the energy sector in Africa
- Chapter 15: Environmental concerns and China’s international investment agreements
- Chapter 16: Balancing economic objectives and environmental considerations in new EU investment agreements: a brave new world?
- Chapter 17: Investment claims against Latin American states: environmental protection and the applicable law
- Chapter 18: Environment, foreign investment and gender
- Chapter 19: Natural resources and indigenous cultural heritage in international investment law and arbitration
- Chapter 20: Local communities, environment and development: the case of oil and gas investment in Africa
- Chapter 21: Socially and environmentally responsible investment
This content is available to you
Chapter 1: International investment law and the environment: introduction
If the inline PDF is not rendering correctly, you can download the PDF file here.