Edited by D. G. Smith and Andrew S. Gold
The Research Handbook on Fiduciary Law offers specially commissioned chapters written by leading scholars and covers a wide range of important topics in fiduciary law. Topical contributions discuss: various fiduciary relationships; the duty of loyalty and other fiduciary obligations; fiduciary remedies; the role of equity; the role of trust; international and comparative perspectives; and public fiduciary law. This Research Handbook will be of interest to readers concerned with both theory and practice, as it incorporates significant new insights and developments in the field.
Show Summary Details
- Research Handbook on Fiduciary Law
- Table of cases
- Table of legislation
- Introduction to the Research Handbook on Fiduciary Law
- Chapter 1: Fiduciary law’s mixed messages
- Chapter 2: Interpreting fiduciary law
- Chapter 3: Fiduciary relationships, fiduciary law, and trust
- Chapter 4: Delimiting fiduciary status
- Chapter 5: The parable of the talents
- Chapter 6: Fiduciary law’s anti-corruption norm
- Chapter 7: Competing accounts of fiduciary obligation
- Chapter 8: Motivation, information, negotiation: why fiduciary accountability cannot be negotiable
- Chapter 9: Dimensions of fiduciary loyalty
- Chapter 10: Punitive damages against trustees?
- Chapter 11: Culpable participation in fiduciary breach
- Chapter 12: Structural bias, R.I.P.?
- Chapter 13: Relating fiduciary duties to corporate personhood and corporate purpose
- Chapter 14: Opting out of fiduciary duties and liabilities in U.S. and U.K. business entities
- Chapter 15: Directors’ duties and legal safe harbours: a comparative analysis
- Chapter 16: Corporate opportunities in the US and in the UK: how differences in enforcement explain differences in substantive fiduciary duties
- Chapter 17: The weakening of fiduciary law
- Chapter 18: Challenges to public fiduciary theory: an assessment
- Chapter 19: The core of fiduciary political theory
- Chapter 20: Institutional competence in fiduciary government
This content is available to you
If the inline PDF is not rendering correctly, you can download the PDF file here.